Directions to West Hele
How to find us
We suggest that you follow these directions on your arrival, as several road maps do not show the small roads. Our Grid Reference is SS425188, and postcode EX39 5LZ (but see the note on SatNavs below!). The accommodation is available from 4pm on the day of arrival.
Initially, head for Buckland Brewer, either from Barnstaple (A39) or from Hartland (A39).
From Barnstaple take the A39:
- After approximately 6 miles ignore the SatNav telling you to turn right to Torrington. Cross the Torridge Bridge and take first left at next roundabout to Bideford (also signposted to Torrington).
- Drive through Bideford passing Morrisons on the left - the last supermarket before West Hele. Going through Bideford, the River Torridge will be on your left.
- Take the A386 to Torrington. After 1 mile turn right to Buckland Brewer at Chapel Cottage, a converted chapel (ignore the SatNav when it tells you to go straight on here). After 2.5 miles turn left to Buckland Brewer.
From Hartland take the A39:
- From the A39 at the Abbotsham Cross roundabout, take the 3rd exit signposted to Littleham, then take the immediate right turn to Littleham.
- Carry on to the first crossroads, signposted Buckland Brewer, turn right here, then take the immediate left to Buckland Brewer.
In Buckland Brewer:
- Drive through past the Church and the Coach and Horses pub until you come to the school on the left. Bear right here to Tythecott, carry on for 1 mile until the crossroads with a post box. Turn left to Torrington. West Hele is the first farm on the right.
Google active map
The static maps on the Home page, in the left column and above were produced from the Ordnance Survey Get-a-map service. Images are reproduced with kind permission of Ordnance Survey and Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.